Something about which I wondered today...


Should I move my political views to a new blog? Check out MisLeading Wisconsin for the latest in Scott Walker's contradictions.



Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summertime

In a few hours, Jodi and I will be heading up to Springstead, to stay at our tiny cabin on a beautiful lake.  It seems forever ago that we purchased it, even though it was but last spring.  Since then, so much has happened: we've met new challenges (for better and worse), we've planned more instensely for our future, we've lost loved ones. 

We'll be gone until August.  Not because we're rich, or snooty or anything ('cause we're not), but just because we can.  To be among the pines, and the eagles, and the loons, I mean, we'd be nuts not to be up there as much as possible. Family members have planned trips up to visit, so that should keep us (especialy Jodi) from getting too homesick, and some little projects (including a 3 credit class I'm taking via mail) should keep us occupied for a time (unfortunately...).  But, yeah, we're pretty much gone.  And that's way cool with me.

So that means the rest of the world will be put on hold for a while (no phone or television, or newspapers, or internet access), and we can reconnect with a slower pace, ourselves, and with each other. 

I hope your summer is enjoyable, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment